Why Be A USA DANCE Member of Southern Minnesota Chapter 2017?
There are several reasons on the National level to support dancing by being a member of USA Dance. To encourage our local members to become a member of Southern Minnesota USA Dance Chapter 2017, the Board recently approved the following:
All members with a current membership in USA Dance on the day of the November dance will have FREE admission as our way of saying, Thank You for supporting USA Dance locally and nationally.
The Return on your USA Dance Membership:
1. Free admission to the dance the night you register as a member and submit your $25.00 dues. Savings - $10.00
2. Free admission to November dance. Savings - $10.00
So, by joining USA Dance, your $25.00 membership cost more than pays for itself. And, there is more!
Why be a USA DANCE Member?
- The opportunity to help others by involvement in our outreach programs, which bring the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom dancing to people of all ages and abilities.
· Free subscription to our bimonthly magazine, American Dancers. Discounted admission to Chapter sponsored dances anywhere in the US.
· Vacation dance information resource via toll free line to central office to obtain a contact name for a Chapter in an area they will be visiting.
· USA DANCE is recognized as the representative organization for amateur ballroom dancers in the USA by the International DanceSport Federation and in 1999 became an affiliate member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
· USA DANCE is recognized as a respected information source & has provided information to assist in preparation of feature films, TV broadcasts, newspaper and national magazine articles. This public recognition benefits Chapters locally in finding facilities, scheduling events, and generating publicity.
· Non-profit 501(c)(3) status provides access to many community facilities suitable for social dances and/or workshops at no charge or at reduced rates.
· Contact with other Chapters and opportunities to cross promote.
· Liability insurance is provided for chapters to cover events sponsored by the chapter in the USA DANCE name.
· USA DANCE widely publicizes our national toll free number. Calls from interested dancers wanting to get involved are directed to the chapter nearest them.
· Our national website, www.UsaDance.org, allows dancers to email the chapter or visit their website via link from the national site.
· Guidelines for operating a successful chapter are provided. $250.00 "start up" money is provided to newly certified Chapters.
· Chapters, after a year, are eligible to participate in our Rebate Program, designed to return a portion of national member dues to chapters.
IRS reporting requirements are fulfilled by USA DANCE based on information provided by Chapters to National via end of year reports.
How Are USA Dance Membership Dues Used?
Rebates to chapters based on membership retention & growth,
Helps to sponsor travel expenses for USA Dance winning couples who will represent America in the World Championships (18 couples are now being sponsored),
Covers cost of publishing & distributing the American Dancer Magazine.
Covers cost of liability insurance for chapter dances, competitions and other USA Dance events.
Maintenance of the USA Dance.org website.
Outreach to find volunteers and guiding them to form new chapters.
Seed money for new chapters.
Hosting the annual National USA DanceSport Championships.
Funds administrative cost of maintaining national membership database and the Central Office.
Funds administrative cost of our national effort to help American schools include dance in their performing arts or physical education lifetime sports.